Download Member Benefits Brochure – There’s now time like the present. Join Now!
We are Stronger Together
The reasons the West Virginia Education Association exists are right in front of you, including your students and colleagues throughout your county. We all want the same thing; the positive teaching and learning conditions essential for building and maintaining schools where educators and students thrive, the resources and opportunities students and educators need to succeed. A strong, active membership is the reason WVEA makes public schools great for every child. Our collective voice affords us the strength to do more together than we can by ourselves.
This Member Benefits Guide outlines just a few of the benefits that are exclusive to WVEA members. One of the most popular benefits is WVEA’s Access Savings Card. From professional growth, resources and support, to amplifying your voice in public policy debates that affect you and your classroom, WVEA provides resources to help you succeed. WVEA has your future in mind.
We’re on Your Side
You are never alone in the classroom. WVEA is your advocate and your partner, with representatives to support you, answering your questions and offering advice. WVEA provides to you a professional safety net and peace of mind with resources like these:
- Legal assistance to address questions about employment rights or benefits from attorneys who are the best in the state in employment-related law.
- Attorney Referral Program provides you two free 30-minute consultations and a 30% discount for non-employment related matters, such as real estate, wills, traffic violations and consumer protections.
- An attorney and $1 million liability policy that protects you up front, not like those that reimburse you after the fact, should you be sued.
Your Member Benefits
Resources for Career & Life
WVEA provides you the resources and opportunities you, as an educator, need to succeed, both personally and professionally.
- WVEA Graduate Courses – Discounted courses (up to 9 credits per year for $200) for degree completion, license renewal and salary advancement.
- NEA edCommunities – Resource for online professional practice and learning where educators can connect.
- NEA Works-4-Me – Members nationwide share teaching tips.
- School Me – Get all the advice, insight and ideas you need from those who have “been there, done that” in an easy-to navigate format.
- Breath-by-Breath, Step-by-Step – Manage stress at school with our easy-to-use guide.
- Resources to Connect with Every Student – Teaching techniques, tips and resources by teachers, for teachers.
- Pet Insurance – The only pet insurance plans endorsed by The American Veterinary Medical Association Group is good for any licensed veterinarian and provides a straight 80% reimbursement after deductible. Includes emergency care and wellness options for your furry friend.
Savings to Stretch Your Budget
- Expect More From Your Wallet – Get a cash rewards bonus offer and earn cash rewards automatically with a Cash Rewards Credit Card.
- Auto Buying Program – On average, members save $3,279 off MSRP on new cars. Save on used cars, too.
- Finance Large Expenses – Use the personal loans to pay for medical bills, home improvements, weddings and more.
- Educator Exclusives – From classroom supplies to home goods, special offers are available for teachers like you.
Tools to Improve Your Finances
- Invest Smartly and Safely – Get more for your money and drive higher returns by following this simple strategy.
- 5 Minute Retirement Checkup – Find out quickly if you’re on track and, if not, what you need to do.
- NEA® Retirement Program – It’s never too early to secure your financial future.
- Retirement Income Calculator – Use this online tool to see how your state pension benefits affect your retirement planning.
- Personal Finance – 8 Steps That Will Improve Your Financial Wellness.
- Rebates for WVSEA Members – When begin teaching and join your local association, you’ll receive a $20 rebate for each year of membership in the student organization.
- Loan Forgiveness & Refinancing – Cool tool to manage student loan debt and determine eligibility for federal repayment and forgiveness programs.
Ideas to Take Care of Your Health
- 7 Habits of a Healthy Educators – Keep your mind and body strong by adopting these helpful habits.
- Dental & Vision Insurance Plans – Affordable vision care, hassle-free benefits and choice of providers.
- Be Your Own Personal Trainer – Use these features of your gym membership to save money while you shed pounds.
- Health Food Habits – Ditch the junk food and stick to healthy snacks with these simple tips.
- Travel packages for your family or with colleagues, savings on car rentals, hotels and more.