CHARLESTON, W.Va. − The PEIA Finance Board has set the dates for public hearings on proposals for Plan Year 2023. These hearings will give PEIA members a chance to better understand the plan and make comments. Some of the changes to note for 2023 are:
- No premium increase for state employees
- 5% premium increase for non-state employees
- No premium increase for non-Medicare retirees
- A 19% premium decrease (percentages vary by policy and years of service tier and tobacco status) for Medicare retirees starting January 2022 (current plan year reduction)
- No premium increase for Medicare retirees starting January 2023
The dates and locations are as follows:
- Monday, November 8, 2021 – Telephone Town Hall
Telephonic Dial in: 304-410-0513, Conference ID: 73421#
Conference will begin promptly at 6 PM
- Tuesday, November 9, 2021 – Charleston
The Culture Center, Capitol Complex, 1900 Kanawha Blvd., E.
- Wednesday, November 10, 2021 – Beckley
Beckley-Raleigh County Convention Center, 200 Armory Drive
- Tuesday, November 16, 2021 – Martinsburg
Holiday Inn, 301 Foxcroft Avenue
- Wednesday, November 17, 2021 – Morgantown
WVU, The Erikson Alumni Center, One Alumni Drive
- Thursday, November 18, 2021 – Wheeling
The Highlands Event Center, 355 Wharton Circle, Triadelphia
The schedule for each location will be the same:
5-6 p.m. Customer service and hearing registration. If you have questions about claims, benefits or the proposals being discussed, PEIA staff will be on hand to help you. Everyone attending the hearing must register. If you want to speak at the hearing, indicate that at registration. Note: This will not take place for the telephonic meeting.
6-8 p.m. Public hearing. The proposals for Plan Year 2023 will be presented, and members of the Finance board will take input from the audience.
Masks and social distancing are recommended at the live hearings. If you can’t attend a hearing in person, please submit comments to the Finance Board in writing to 601 57th Street, SE/Suite 2, Charleston, WV 25304-2345 or via e-mail to: PEIAComments@wv.gov