The PEIA Finance Board has set the dates for public hearings on proposals for Plan Year 2024. These hearings will give PEIA members a chance to better understand the plan and make comments. Some of the changes to note for 2024 are:
- No premium increase for state employees
- 9.7% premium increase for non-state funded employees
- No premium increase for non-Medicare retirees
- No premium increase for Medicare retirees starting January 2024
The announced dates and locations are:
- Wednesday, November 9 – Charleston Culture Center
- Thursday, November 10 – Beckley-Raleigh County Convention Center
- Tuesday, November 15 – Telephone Town Hall
Phone Number: +1-419-901-8992
PIN: 190 384 615#
- Wednesday, November 16 – Martinsburg Holiday Inn
- Thursday, November 17 – Morgantown Holiday Inn – Univ. Area IHG Hotel
- Friday, November 18 – Wheeling The Highlands Event Center
The schedule for each location will be the same:
5-6 p.m. Customer service and hearing registration. If you have questions about claims, benefits or the proposals being discussed, we’ll have staff on hand to help you. Everyone attending the hearing must register. If you want to speak at the hearing, indicate that at registration. Note: This will not take place for the telephonic meeting.
6-8 p.m. Public hearing. The proposals for Plan Year 2024 will be presented, and members of the board will take input from the audience.
If you can’t attend a hearing in person, please submit comments to the Finance Board in writing to 601 57th St., SE, Suite 2, Charleston, WV 25304-2345, or via e-mail to: PEIAComments@wv.gov.