Keep abreast of events that affect your classroom or work site. WVEA provides many training opportunities, workshops and conferences to assist you with the latest in continuing education. From faculty senates to National Board Certification®, the WVEA has something for everyone.
The following is a sample of presentations available in various media forms by the WVEA staff. We have listed those that are frequently requested. If you would like to schedule one of these presentations; of if you have a specific topic in which you are interested, please contact your Organizational Development Specialist.
For a complete listing of topics, please view the WVEA’s Professional Development Catalog.
- Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA)
- Classroom Management
- Technology and You
- Sexting and Texting
- New Teacher Basics – Your Rights and Responsibilities
- Safe Schools – Your Rights & Responsibilities
- Policy 5310 – New Evaluation Process
- Jason Flatt Act of 2012 – Suicide Prevention
- National Board Certification®
- Policy 5000 – Faculty Senate Involvement in the Hiring Process
- Expected Behavior in Safe and Supportive Schools – Policy 4373
- Dealing with Difficult People
- Employee Code of Conduct – Policy 5902
- Faculty Senates
- C.A.R.E – Strategies for Closing the Achievement Gaps
- RIF & Transfers
- Hiring Criteria
- Planning Periods
- Employee Rights & Responsibilities
- Newsletters and Communication Strategies
- Member Benefits